- Kyle: Just when I thought things were about to calm down for a while…Attended WCGR!
- Adam: Got a new standing desk! Heading to SoCal with boys.
- Lakers got Lebron. $153.3M / 4 years
- ConvertKit name change SEVA
- Adam: WP Give / Coffee / Bad luck and trouble : a Reacher novel
- Kyle: Nexcess hat, Jetpack t-shirt / Coffee / The Drawing of the Three – Stephen King
- question from Austin Fowler about subscription sites
- question from Alex Standiford about WP-CLI
Segment: Personal Question
Kyle: WC Kent recap
Adam: Saw Oceans 8, IronMan Training, Son has 1st interview!
- Adam: Gravity Forms Shirt, Coffee from photography mug, Finished “The Enemy” (Jack Reacher Novel)
- Kyle: Nexcess shirt, coffee, The Drawing of the Three
- What's today's W3TC? – Rigo
- Best book you’ve ever read – Dustin
Segment: Vague Rant Up
- TWITTER @get_options
- SOUNDCLOUD @get_options
- Kyle: Hosted brother’s bachelor party. Gave a keynote speech. Saw a wild bunny.
- Adam: Still looking for new devs. Getting closer to The Academy
- Dustin: Went to Montreal. Moved all my belongs across town.
- Adam: WC Kent / Mike’s Harder Lemonade – Blood Orange / So good they cant ignore you .
- Kyle: WooThemes t-shirt, Mike’s Harder Lemonade – Strawberry, Fatal Alliance
- Dustin: WP Birthday Shirt, Mike’s Harder Lemonade – Flavor Orange / Driven to Distraction
- Eric Malcolm to Regions Bank
- Difference between wp.org vs. wp.com -Elizabeth
- Good Marketing Podcasts -Nate
Segment: Deletable History
- Kyle: OMG! I am so busy plz send help!
- Adam: Non profit finally approved proposal. Interviewing a few new devs. One (two) you sent my way. Finally.. So proud of my youngest — Spanish class grade 58% to 73% in 10 days! And all my kids are doing well in school.
- Adam: WC Raleigh org shirt. Coffee in WC Maui Mug. Subliminal: How your unconscious mind rules your behavior
- Kyle: Geek Shirt by BlueHost. Coffee in AMBR mug. Almost done with Fatal Alliance.
- Audio question – Austin Fowler Blog post referenced re: EDD.
- Audio question – Elizabeth Pampalone
Segment: Tag Line: You’re it
- Kyle: Time to double down on next two big speeches. Started keynote speech but still have a ways to go. Haven’t started best man speech yet.
- Adam: Working on all the things.
- Adobe acquires Magento for 1.68 Billion!
- ServerPress released DesktopServer 3.91 – PHP 7 and local SSL!
- None! Everyone still has the same jobs.
- Adam: Host Duplex T-shirt, Coffee WC Maui Mug, Reading Thinking Fast & Slow
- Kyle: RCP Shirt, not drinking any. Reading nothing.
- Audio question from Alex Gustafson
- Audio question by Elizabeth Pampalone
Segment: Personal Question
- Kyle – Spoke at WordCamp Dayton twice this year
- Adam- Just doing what I do.
- Dustin- attending a team meetup in Montreal.
- SmugMug acquires Flickr
- ExchangeWP now opened/supported by the community
- WordPress.com can now import domain names
- Adam: ship it woocommerce shirt again! Drinking water droplets. Reading: Thinking fast and slow
- Kyle: Host Duplex t-shirt, water, Fatal Alliance
- Dustin: The fancy new WP 15 shirt / Woo Water bottle / Automatic Millionaire
- Would you loan someone money or help them find work?
- Why is Kyle a better presenter?
Segment: Unordered List
- Kyle: Gave a speech at Toastmasters on Wednesday
- Adam: short week.. But productive. Travel – to WC Dayton
- Dustin: WordCamp Dayton — ALL THE THINGS
- Jessica Frick — going to Liquid Web
- Jamie Schmidt joined SiteLock in January
- Adam: WooCommerce Shipit / Water? / Thinking fast and slow
- Kyle: Sandhills Brewing / Water / Fatal Alliance
- Dustin: Dayton Bowling shirt / Amino Acid mixed in water / You Need a Budget
- How would you gents define the roles of a web designer? And the roles of a web developer? And if someone wore both hats, what would they call it? Is one preferable over the other, or would it be something completely different? -Guy Cicinelli
- I saw your tweets and thought I will check your website. Have to say it looks very good! I’m also interested in this topic and have recently started my journey as a young entrepreneur. I’m also looking for the ways on how to promote my website. I have tried AdSense and Facebok Ads, however it is getting very expensive. Was thinking about starting using analytics. Do you recommend it? Can you recommend something what works best for you? Would appreciate, if you can have a quick look at my website and give me an advice what I should improve: http://janzac.com/ (Recently I have added a new page about FutureNet and the way how users can make money on this social networking portal.) I have subscribed to your newsletter. 🙂 Hope to hear from you soon. P.S. Maybe I will add link to your website on my website and you will add link to my website on your website? It will improve SEO of our websites, right? What do you think? Regards Jan Zac
Segment: Tag (Line) You’re It!
- Kyle: House projects and traveling to WordCamp Dayton
- Adam: Teaching class. Landed a new client. Losing a developer 🙁 WC Dayton!
- Great article about Modern Tribe actually doing things to improve diversity within their team.
- Adam: Coffee WooCommerce short. WordPress Trucker hat
- Kyle: Coffee, Easy Digital Downloads t-shirt, Fatal Alliance
- Byron Dylan joined SparkBox
- Apparently its common practice these days within the WP job market to have multiple steps in the hiring process. that part is fine, but why do companies always want something for free.. i.e. “the project” dev's do a dev task, designers do a design task, PM's reply to scenarios, etc. What should i do when asked to do a “project” for a company i am interviewing with. My main issue is spending time “on spec”. -Thomas Saltzman
- Hi all, I have a question – do you charge your clients for the time spent familiarising yourself with a new plugin or functionality they requested, like a particular front-end builder? The way I usually approach it is, if it's something I'm likely to use again on another client's site, I won't charge for the time it takes me to learn the basics. But if it's something really obscure that I probably won't use again, I will charge both for the time I spend reading the docs and actually implementing the feature on the site. I was just wondering how everyone else deals with it? Natalie Smith via Slack
- Using Ethics In Web Design
- What It’s Like to Be a Woman at a Tech Conference
- Different… It’s Better Than Better
- Travel Man
- Ryn Weaver
- What Trump Can Teach Us About Con Law
- Trader Joe’s Podcast – 5 part series.
- Medical Records — track your health!
- Kyle: Attended WC Detroit which was awesome. Gave a talk about WordPress life hacks which went really well. Also attended MicroConf and loved it.
- Adam: WC Raleigh, went well.
- 15 year Tshirt on swag store. 15% off using “CELEBRATEWP15’ code.
Rob Walling left Drip (wife shelly) zen founder podcast
- Adam: running attire/water / fearless flyer from Trader Joes
- Kyle: WC A2 shirt/ hoodie/coffee Ambr Detroit mug / Fatal Alliance
- What is the best (but still affordable) way to manage a staging environment for building a new client's website? -Guy Cicinello
- When you know another platform delivers better results in a clients' specific industry, do you refer them out, learn the platform or tell them you'll make WordPress sing for them? -Jen Miller
- Unordered Lists
- Adam: Prepping for WC Raleigh and to buy Kyle’s house.
- Kyle: Prepping to potentially move. Writing WordCamp talks.
- Kyle – GiveWP t-shirt, Coffee, Fatal Alliance
- Adam- SiteLock Red / iThemes hoodie, 49ers + coffee(SDSU) – no reading this week!
Question 1: Tracking time question by Stephen Harvey