In the news:
- No news.. light week!
- Kyle – Everything! Nascar of WordPress swag!
- Adam- nothing ! — well… nothing WP related. Water – again WPEngine
- How do you find your first clients for a new freelance web dev enterprise? @evan
- How helpful have WordPress Meetups and WordCamps been to you? What’s the biggest benefit?
- How does one become friends with super cool podcast hosts like yourself?
In the news
- Our Predictions for WordPress in 2017
- Swag for submitting questions
- Kyle – WC North East Ohio t-shirt and a hoodie “Empowered by WordPress”
- Adam- WC Chicago hoodie + Woo “SHIP IT” shirt, drinking water from WP Engine pint glass
- What took so long? (referring to us starting this podcast) – asked by John Parkinson @jwparkinson
- Can WordPress maintain market dominance? What are the biggest threats? – asked by Eric Amundson @sewmyheadon
- How do you determine your first pricing structure as a freelancer? – asked by Megan Morsie @megabyterose
This weeks episode is sponsored by Project Panorama. Use code ALLTHEOPTIONS and save 20% at checkout.
In the News
- Kyle: Pantheon T-Shirt & Siteground socks and drinking warm water in GoDaddy Cup
- Adam: Woo Ninja T-Shirt & water in a pickle jar.
- Ways to build confidence in development abilities
- Client not responding to emails
- Working from home – does clutter cause distraction?
- Wrapping things up for end of 2016, prepping for a great 2017!
- Kyle: Media Temple T-Shirt, Limited Edition WC North Canton Hoodie, drinking water from a GoDaddy mug with tea brewing to be put into a WC Ann Arbor mug.
- Adam: Wearing beanie from WPEngine, Hoodie from WC Chicago 2016 & drinking Costa Rican coffee from our Costa Rica vacation!
- Charging for Beta testers?
- What are the standard, must always use plugins for every site?
- How can I get over my hangups with working on my own site?
- Kyle: special edition WordCamp Chicago 2016 Hoodie. Media Temple shirt.
- Adam: WC Ann Arbor 2014 Pullover & WooCommerce Ninja shirt.
What we are working on.
- Kyle: New plugins in development.
- Adam: Delivered 2 client sites – 1 on spec!
- What shifts have you seen in the community and the conversations surrounding WordPress since you got involved yourselves?
- How do I deal with the struggle of the isolation associated with being a freelancer and working from home?
- How do you find qualified leads to help build your portfolio when you’re new to freelance web development?