- Kyle: Christmas was excellent. Do you have any new years resolutions?
- Adam: 2 weeks into the new year… All good!
- Kyle: WooThemes Ninja t-shirt under WCA2 2017 hoodie
- Adam: WC US 2017 – covered w/ heavy duty “lumberman jackshirt”
- Curious how your team stays connected while being distributed and if you have any tips on that. I do a weekly call with each of my co-workers and a monthly call with the whole team but am not sure what is a best practice. Then we do email, Google Hangout (messaging), and Basecamp throughout the week. –Sara Dunn
- Audio question from Jason: “How do we get young people into WordPress — teens and 20’s”
- Does it bother you when people send you a numbered list with repeating numbers? – Ross
- Kyle: listening to Janelle Reichman music
- Adam: working… and more work..landed 2 new clients.
- Human Made White Paper: Starting with blocks: Reimagining WordPress with Gutenberg
- A Sabbatical from Speaking in 2018 – Jorbin
- WPRadius — acquired by WP Site Care
- Kyle: mojo market hoodie / WC Milwaukee volunteer shirt / coffee
- Adam: city of Boston shirt // iThemes hoodie / bad coffee
- This weeks episode is our 2018 predictions episode.
- Adam: Happy Hannukah! But will be over when you hear this episode. 🙁
- Kyle: I was on Jackson 30 and under. Took Ashley on a date last night.
- WordPress the Card Game?
- WordPress Against Humanity
- Kylie Jenner’s Website blocking the Blind
- Pippin closes membership to trainings/videos – now FREE!
People on the Move / aka Changes
- Someone made a move –> Andy Melichar
- Kyle – empowered by WordPress t-shirt
- Adam- WC NEO 2017 / iThemes Hoodie / Coffee from amazing mug WC Minneapolis
- What’s our thoughts on the Plugin marketplace if Gutenberg is a success – Zack Skaggs
- Would you ever use elasticpress as a volatile (but crazy fast) datastore with a fallback to regular mysql/innodb/mariadb? I am dying to try it. – Peter Shackelford
- What do you like best about Metallica? What about it inspires you about them? – Ian Wilson
- Kyle: Life is good. WCUS was great.
- Adam: All the things: juggling 4 projects, 3 developers, all spread out.. Getting close to KitchenSink Episode 200… WCUS was great. Launching/launched new service
- Sara Dunn picked a niche!
- Thanks for the iTunes reviews!
People on the Move / aka Changes
- Seth Alling – Mediavine
- Shawn Hooper – Actionable
- Amit Rathi
- Shayda Torabi – WDS
- Taylor (givewp)
- JJJ – Sandhills Development
- Adam hired one of those people that we can’t mention for some work.. 🙂
- Kyle – Sandhills Development tshirt — Real Big Marketing hoodie
- Adam- WCUS Shirt/ coffee
- What is the one piece of advice would you give someone considering leaving a full time job to start their own marketing/website agency?” (asking for a friend) – Mike Hale
- Kyle question for Adam: What are your tricks for making this show's audio not sound like crap?
- How much do you love Gravity Forms? – Jeff Matson
- Adam: Busy w/Client work. Heading to WCUS!
- Kyle: Busy w/work. Heading to WCUS with family!
Wearing /Drinking / Reading
- Kyle: “Word” shirt (InMotion Hosting) — empowered by WordPress hoodie // Homebrew American IPA .. GiveWP pint glass
- Adam: “Do what you love ala WeWork” /// Sweet Baby Jesus / Autobiography of a Yogi (again)
- “This year is my FIRST WordCamp US. What are your top tips to get the most of out of it? Any must-dos? Best events? Thank you!”
- The Personal Question: Adam ask’s Kyle about his songwriting process
- how do i prepare my clients for gutenberg – Lisa Synder
- Adam: Working, parents visiting from CA
- Kyle: Back from team meetup in Colorado.
- Kyle – WCLAX 2017 shirt & Eggnog
- Adam- WPEngine – layered. Water
No Questions this week.. rather we shared the names of people we are thankful for!
- Kyle: Hot tub installed! Team meet-up coming up in Colorado
- Adam: Did go to New York. Attended the Cary Business Expo and binging on Breaking Bad!
- WordPress 4.9 Release Candidate 1
- WordPress 3.8.3 – fixed security issue
- Sooooo many Gutenberg articles…
- Kyle: Envato T Shirt, WCA2 2017, coffee & owners manual to hot tub
- Adam: Woo Commerce shirt, coffee, The Big Leap & The Autobiography of a Yogi
- How to make your website come up on search engines more. Do you use tags? I have no clue…
- My phone keeps saying it's full (I am getting a new one today). What are the best steps to free up space?
- What do you recommend when you have an itch below the belt in public? A. Scratch it B. Move your legs in a grasshopper like motion C. Head to the restroom
- Kyle: Planning team meetup, finally got the hot tub, can’t find an electrician
- Adam: Heading to NY for daughters birthday!
- WordPress 4.9 Beta 4
- WP Survey
- .Dev becoming HTTPS via Chrome
- New theme preview in customizer coming.. 4.9
- Kyle: Pagely shirt, MOJO Hoodie & a home brew beer
- Adam: WP Engine shirt, WC Chicago hoodie + Sweat Baby Jesus Beer! In a WP Engine
- Ross: WC Chicago 2013
- Why and How to start building an email list. And what to do with your subscribers (provide value, build trust, etc., platforms to use, opt-in forms. — Adam Warner
- What are some tips for working with part time employees/contractors when you’re not sure how much time you’re going to have for them on a weekly basis? – Ian Wilson • Resource mentioned: Chris Ducker: Virtual Freedom
- How do we listen to your advice show?? – Jan Janke
- Adam: Surprised Kyle once again!*
- Kyle: WCA2 went really well.
People on the Move / aka Changes
- Kyle – WC Chicago Shirt + Mojo Marketplace hoodie & coffee
- Adam- Hoodie WC Chicago 2016 & WordPress Trucker Hat
- The pros and cons of the D.I.Y. sites like Weebly, Wix and Squarespace. (I am having great success with Weebly but only because I am a creative person and ZERO “Kyle Maurer” abilities. And you know what I mean!! 🙂
- How does a person know that something is spam? -Mike
- Hello, What Would a huge increase in relevant traffic mean for your business? If I could greatly increase the amount of customers who are interested in your products and services, wouldn't you be…?
When you’re driving, there’s a right side of the road to drive on (the right side)
When you’re playing ball, there’s a right place to play (outside)
When you’re in line, there’s a right way to wait (patiently)
When I’m sleeping, there’s a right way to do everything (quietly)
For many things in life there are irrefutable facts
But this is something the world of websites lacks
There isn’t a right way
There isn’t a wrong way
There isn’t rule book
Or commandments to obey
Just do what works for you, it’ll be ok
All that matters is that it goes live…before Friday
When I’m looking at my watch, there’s a right way to get to the point (hastily)
When you’re angry at the government, there’s a right way to protest (peacefully)
When the football game’s on, there’s a right team to root for (Michigan)
When someone asks you “which is the greatest state?”, well there’s a right answer (again Michigan)
*Twitter photos from WCA@ courtesy Sara Dunn 🙂
- Adam: WordCamp Los Angeles 2017 in the books. Had a great event.
- Kyle: WordCamp Ann Arbor 2017 – coming up!
- 4.9 – Beta 1
- Apply Filters podcast ending
- Kyle – WordCamp Columbus 2016 t-shirt
- Adam- Coffee from WordCamp Mug
- I’ve been a sole proprietor for a while now, and I love the lack of overhead, but I feel like having an office space could be helpful for my image, and give me space for expansion. When is the right time to think about that? – Ian Wilson
- How do you handle criticism? Both giving and receiving. -ross
- How many miles (approximately) from Earth to the Sun?