- Kyle: practicing guitar
- Adam: grocery bill up 27.2% – feeding 5, vs ~3.5. People. // take a course.. Flatironschool.com.
- WordCamps going online. San Antonio.. Kent.
- Adam: WC SD 2016 / coffee / Good to Great
- Kyle: Sandhills Brewing t-shirt, Work Front socks, WC Ann Arbor 2015 fleece/coffee / The Wastelands
- How do I review new plugins/themes and determine if they are a good, sustainable solution? ~ Heathe
- What do non-WP people think you do when you tell them you work in WordPress? ~ Michelle Frechette
- Personal Question
- Kyle: Trying to break out of the minor pentatonic scale.
- Adam: rested. Relaxed. Moved daughter…. Home. early.
- The call for speakers for WordCamp US 2020 (October 27-29) has been issued.
- mycamp.rocks has a growing directory of virtual WordPress meetups and conferences. If you are a meetup or conference organizer, please reach out to David Bisset and he'll add your event to the list.
- Adam: WC Dayton / Caffeine – Costa Rica – // Extreme Ownership
- Kyle: WC Miami t-shirt, Empowered by WordPress hoodie, / coffee / The Wastelands
Question 1: How can we survive and thrive while stuck at home with our families?
- Darknet Diaries
- The Daily (NY TIMES)
- Over The Road (Trucking in America)
Kyle’s Podcast Que:
- The Other Latif (Radiolab)
- Darryl “DMC” McDaniels on Broken Record
- Who Let the Dogs Out on 99% Invisible
- The 27 Club podcast
- Cautionary Tales podcast
- Darknet Diaries podcast
- Closing Time on Song Exploder
- Coldplay Tiny Desk on Youtube
- Jojo Rabbit
- Kick out the Windows by Parsonsfield
- Nicola Benedetti on Spotify
- Working from home tips on Kitchen Sink WP
- Work from home tips on Your Website Engineer
- Kyle: Holy crap, the hiring process is exhausting.
- Adam: We had snow. A credit of $6.52 to utility bill? // educated son this AM.. PJs to Work Meeting
- Tara: i hate cold calling. And I am sick of cold weather by now. Heading to Miami!
- No more “featured themes” on w.org
- WooCommerce licensing change
- Adam: WC Asheville 2018 / Coffee / some fiction! NEXUS by Ramez Naam
- Kyle: Sandhills Brewing t-shirt, Sandhills Development jacket, GoDaddy hat/ coffee / The Wastelands
- Tara: Nerd Network from Amy Masson and Design TLC fleece/ Coffee in HC Mug / Nothing – trying Name of The Rose and The Four Agreements
- I don't. Know if this will fit, but how does Tara search to find the “cold email” businesses? Are there tips on how to search?
- How do you keep WordPress and family/real life separate? ~ Michelle Frechette
- Personal questions
- Kyle: Talkity talk talk talk.
- Adam: Chiropractors do work. WC Santa Clarita
- Sara: I haven’t left my house since I got home from California on Tuesday.
- Pagely on Today Show
- Adam: Code is Poetry shirt / caffeine / Coders & Atomic Habits
- Kyle: Build Beyond Boundaries Bluehost t-shirt, Sandhills Development jacket / orange juice / Traction
- Sara: A parka / hot water / Meaningful Work by Shawn Askinosie
- What’s wrong with hourly billing? –Michael Maurer
- How do I generate good leads? – Heather S
Segment – Vague Rant Up
- Kyle: I need Valentine's Day ideas.
- Adam: Strange dream. Nic Cage. 🙂 // Half Marathon? Should I?
- Adam: WC Chicago 2016 / Caffination / Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink
Kyle: WCA2 2014 hat, WCA2 2015 t-shirt, WCA2 2017 hoodie / Orange juice / The Rule of Two
- How do you motivate remote employees? –Serena Dawn
- I provide mostly hourly & monthly maintenance services to clients who find me mostly by referral. I am looking to grow faster then referrals.. And thinking by way of acquisition/buying another business like mine.. what are some options to make that happen? How do I find out and see who wants to sell? How do I value that? -Jeremey C
Segment: Deletable History
- Kyle: Busy with interviewing candidates.
- Adam: 49ers had a great season.
- Cory Miller has partnered with Brian Krogsgard to help run Post Status
- Remkus de Vries has joined Servebolt
- Adam: WP Birmingham Hoodie + Woo Ship it / Water / Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink
- Kyle: Digital Summit Detroit t-shirt, Sandhills Development jacket / Tea / The Rule of Two
- Hello gents! I was wondering what your thoughts were on how best to select presentation proposals for WordCamps in order to promote diversity and inclusion? Is it better to use demographics to ensure diversity? Or use a completely blind selection process? -Guy Cicinelli
- How do you provide good, productive feedback to employees or contractors when they've done something wrong? –Serena Dawn
Segment – Tagline, you’re it.
- Kyle: wrapping up work projects. Basketball pickup.
- Adam: boys back in school. Daughter on her way. Better for me! 🙂
- Jeries Eadah has joined Platform.sh
- Ben Meredith has been promoted to head of support GiveWP
- Adam: host duplex shirt / water / Coders : the making of a new tribe and the remaking of the world
- Kyle: Gravity Forms t-shirt / Tea / The Rule of Two
2019 Predictions: Adam wins!
- Kyle: Heading out to play some music with the band for seniors at a nursing home.
- Adam: Son turned 17. Sis in law visiting. Dog.
- Scott: Life. good. Kids on vacation.
- Adam: ATO 2018 / coffee / Invested: How Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger
- Kyle: WC Miami 2017 t-shirt, SiteGround socks / OJ / Star Wars: The Rule of Two
- Scott: WC 2019 US / Tea + Water / Extreme Ownership
Question 1: What is your advice on how to get some of your first website projects if you’re just getting started building WordPress sites? -Sara Fun
Segment 1: Personal question
Segment 2: Unordered lists
- Kyle: Watched some movies recently.
- Adam: Delvis The Dog on instagram!
- Adam: Pressable + WCCHI / coffee / I will teach you to be rich! -by Ramit Sethi
- Kyle: WCUS 2019 St Louis t-shirt, Real Big Marketing hoodie / Coffee / Star Wars: The Rule of Two
- What decisions now can WP plugin companies make to be relevant 3yrs from now? Your personal opinion and the direction you see being taken at Sandhills. —Justin Ferriman
- What Site Health warnings are present on your highest priority sites right now? —Alex G
- Kyle: Interviewing family for a “Family Podcast”
- Adam: Leading WC Raleigh. // Got Avalon from college, // F3 holiday party, Milk Stout // Meeting DELVIS / // Q for y.. “a/watch?”
- Adam: Pagely / coffee / Invested: How Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger Taught Me to Master My Mind, My Emotions, and My Money (with a Little Help from My Dad)
- Kyle: MongoDB socks, Nexcess hat, WP Engine WCUS 2019 shirt / Coffee / Rick Steve’s Ireland Travel Guide
- Does anyone have a good analogy to explain to non-techy people the difference between hosting and domain registration? I have a long-time client (non-profit run by a committee agghh) whose domain registration just expired and they’re flabbergasted because “We paid your last bill on time. We don’t handle their domain registration because I think that should always be in the client’s name. I still don’t have a good way to explain how that’s different from the hosting/maintenance they pay us for.- Sara Dunn in Slack
- What is the status of ClassicPress and who is using it (and why)? Happy holidays! Hope you are well! -Tara Claeys in Slack