Light week.. not much!
- Kyle: WordCamp Chicago hoodie
- Adam: WP Give t-shirt
- Adam: Sales: Cold Calls/emails
- Kyle: WC Jackson speakers/sponsors open, bought ticket to WC Miami, made hard decision yesterday about a plugin
New Segment” “Reading Options”
- Adam: Book: The Obstacle is the Way” Ryan Holiday
- “The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way”
- Kyle: Book: Two Towers, Podcast: Mysterious Secrets of Uncle Bertie’s Botonarium
- Stepping out of the game – letting dev licenses expire .. what to do with clients?
- The WordPress service space is crowded, what are some ways you can differentiate?
- Voicemail via SpeakPipe about a project that needs mapping.
In the news:
- No news.. light week!
- Kyle – Everything! Nascar of WordPress swag!
- Adam- nothing ! — well… nothing WP related. Water – again WPEngine
- How do you find your first clients for a new freelance web dev enterprise? @evan
- How helpful have WordPress Meetups and WordCamps been to you? What’s the biggest benefit?
- How does one become friends with super cool podcast hosts like yourself?
In the news
- Our Predictions for WordPress in 2017
- Swag for submitting questions
- Kyle – WC North East Ohio t-shirt and a hoodie “Empowered by WordPress”
- Adam- WC Chicago hoodie + Woo “SHIP IT” shirt, drinking water from WP Engine pint glass
- What took so long? (referring to us starting this podcast) – asked by John Parkinson @jwparkinson
- Can WordPress maintain market dominance? What are the biggest threats? – asked by Eric Amundson @sewmyheadon
- How do you determine your first pricing structure as a freelancer? – asked by Megan Morsie @megabyterose
This weeks episode is sponsored by Project Panorama. Use code ALLTHEOPTIONS and save 20% at checkout.
In the News
- Kyle: Pantheon T-Shirt & Siteground socks and drinking warm water in GoDaddy Cup
- Adam: Woo Ninja T-Shirt & water in a pickle jar.
- Ways to build confidence in development abilities
- Client not responding to emails
- Working from home – does clutter cause distraction?
- Wrapping things up for end of 2016, prepping for a great 2017!
- Kyle: Media Temple T-Shirt, Limited Edition WC North Canton Hoodie, drinking water from a GoDaddy mug with tea brewing to be put into a WC Ann Arbor mug.
- Adam: Wearing beanie from WPEngine, Hoodie from WC Chicago 2016 & drinking Costa Rican coffee from our Costa Rica vacation!
- Charging for Beta testers?
- What are the standard, must always use plugins for every site?
- How can I get over my hangups with working on my own site?
- WCUS Highlights & Recap
- Selling a domain?
- Any advice for how to keep yourself energized and charged when you find yourself stuck and demotivated?
- How to maintain my independence and still pay the bills?
- Kyle: special edition WordCamp Chicago 2016 Hoodie. Media Temple shirt.
- Adam: WC Ann Arbor 2014 Pullover & WooCommerce Ninja shirt.
What we are working on.
- Kyle: New plugins in development.
- Adam: Delivered 2 client sites – 1 on spec!
- What shifts have you seen in the community and the conversations surrounding WordPress since you got involved yourselves?
- How do I deal with the struggle of the isolation associated with being a freelancer and working from home?
- How do you find qualified leads to help build your portfolio when you’re new to freelance web development?
Welcome to the show! In this short episode, we discuss the who, what and why it exists!
Lets do this!