- Kyle: Happy New Year!
- Adam: Schools out for the summer! // Kids need jobs/car?
- PHP Marks 25 Years! WP Tavern article.
- Adam: WC Raleigh tshirt / JAVA / Douglas Adams book(s)
- Kyle: Sandhills hoodie + WC Jackson 2018 shirt / Coffee / Meaningful Work by Shawn Askinosie
- Do you think online meetups will be here to stay beyond COVID-19? Since meetups were moved online, I’ve been attending not only local (Singapore) WordPress meetups but also those hosted in Sydney, etc. as there is little time difference from where I live. I’ve enjoyed attending overseas meetups and would love them to continue hosting online. Any thoughts on the future of WordPress meetups? I also miss the in-person meetups, so hopefully, both will be mixed in the future. -Joey J
LONDON TUBE STUDY: The Benefits of Forced Experimentation: Striking Evidence from the London Underground Network∗
- What are some options with dealing with noisy co-workers.. at the moment its not an issue as we are all homebound, but when our office opens again, we’ll be expected to go into work… the noises.. ..music too loud from one person, and the other smacks/chews gum (and food) really loud! -Ron P
Segment: Personal question
- Kyle: Our company marketing meeting was interrupted by a loose chipmunk in the house.
- Adam: Vaca was great. Domain up for renewal.. Should I keep it?
- Shawn: Making pizza on fire.
- Adam: JetPack / Water / Douglas Adams books
- Kyle: WP Hat, Blogvault T-shirt, Jilt socks / Hard Seltzer / Meaningful Work by Shawn Askinosie
- Shawn: Dickies blue collared shirt / water (soon dirty martini) / Untethered Soul
- I’ve been a developer going on 9 years now and am looking for a change. I’m thinking of management. The issue I have is that I’ve never managed before. How do I apply for a job as a manager without managerial experience? -Name withheld per request
- Someone recently left the company I work for .. not sure exactly why. As they were exiting the position, they asked if I would be open as a job reference…. IMO, they weren’t that good. What should I say? – Thomas S.
Segment: Personal Question
- LinkedIn @shawnaskinosie
- TedTalk : Find Your Calling Where It Hurts | Shawn Askinosie | TEDxOklahomaCity
- Kyle: Flooded basement and a friendly squirrel.
- Adam: Rain. Sun. Short week next week! Vaca!!
- Dustin: New laptop, a staycation next week, home projects galore!
WordPress News: The Get Options question bonanza
We want way more questions! Starting today and going for two weeks, sending us quality questions will earn you rewards.
- 5 questions: Quick thank you and pitch your business or cause
- 10 questions: a song or some other full length produced commercially
- 20 questions: Get Options t-shirt
- Adam: Woo purple / water / Writing Down The Bones /
- Kyle: Nexcess Hosting t-shirt / White Claw hard seltzer (Mango) / Meaningful Work by Shawn Askinozie
- Dustin: Regular uniform – dark gray WordPress T / Spindrift / Story Brand by Donald Miller
- Most of my profession and personal friends are software devs who fall into the age range of 25-35. It’s odd to say the least. Where are the older people? Let's say 50+?submitted by, Kimberly K.
- I work at a medium-sized agency and mostly love my job. The issue is one co-worker who often postpones things. Two issues in this case. 1. they are pretty high up the chain … 2. they are the bottleneck. What are some options to help move things along and keep my job! submitted by -Russell
- Kyle: Hunting for worms with a two-year-old.
- Adam: Vaca in 2 weeks! / New podcast/kids going back to school in fall 1 week early.. And they are upset about it!!! Cmon!
- Envira Gallery acquired the juggernaut of WordPress and photography — Imagely. Imagely is the owner of NextGEN Gallery
- Adam: GetOptions Workout Shirt!! & BeaverBuilder cap / Caffeine / The Big Leap
- Kyle: Sandhills Brewing t-shirt, WP Engine hat / Orange Juice / Traction by Gino Wickman
- A few months ago, I was hired to help a company with their social media. At first, things went well, they paid my bills, sent more work. But recently they have ghosted me. They don’t owe me any money, but the lack of communication suddenly is awkward to say the least. -Jennifer R
- What are some options to encourage a co-worker (a few of them actually) to get to the point? I don’t think I’m impatient, but cmon people, stop the over-explanation of things! – Carl Henkle
- Joe: Parental leave as baby Morrision is now 4 months old.
- Kyle: chicken coop close to being done.
- Adam: Had physical. so/so… so.. back at it “Exercise” ..eating right. Dropped 8lbs!
- Sandy Edwards is now a US Field Marketing Manager at GoDaddy
- Allie Nimmons at WP Buffs
- Adam: Jetpack / Coffee / Big Leap
- Kyle: Nexcess hosting t-shirt, WordPress hat, WCA2 2017 hoodie / Bailey’s Irish Cream / Shape Up by Basecamp
- Joe: non WordPress CrossFit shirt // green mint tea / book 6 of Old Mans War book 6
- Questions How do you help employees pursue their own career ambitions?~ Anonymous
- I am a indie/freelance advanced developer. That said, I keep busy and make pretty good money. Oddly enough, my family doesn’t think I work hard enough or deserve the money. Options to convince them of their error? -Dave
Segment: Bomb dot coms
- invalidstatement.com — band site developer specific info?
- upandtotheright.money – financial blog
- removetheex.com (removemyex.com is taken)
- thesystemsbooks.com docs based
- wp.club only –> $5499.99
- wp.news. $500
- Kyle: New original music. Songwriting challenge.
- Adam: New month..all new things…new client. New “diet” .. very sugar. Non if possible. And tracking what i eat, how I fee. Oh.. and the “new site” is 98% done..gonna put out “call” for submissions today/tomorrow.
- Adam: WooCommerce / Coffee & Water(lots) / starting “new” either The Big Leap or The Artist’s Way, or Writing Down The Bones. Kyle picked The Big Leap
- Kyle: Cloudways hosting t-shirt, SiteGround hosting hat, AffiliateWP flip flops / coffee / Shape Up by Basecamp
- At what point does your life with WordPress become too much? What would you sacrifice, ( thinking of WCAsia, as I ask) ~ Jen
- Do you ever geek-out and think about watching Saturday morning cartoons? ~ Raquel Landefeld
Segment: Unordered Lists
- Winner: TIE!
- Kyle: Writing lots of songs.
- Adam: Dr Appt. Blood work. Bleh. not expecting great results to be honest diet has been meh. Lack of exercise. Etc.
- Frontity – raises 1M E capital from Automattic
- Kyle: WorkFront socks, Empowered by WordPress hoodie, North Stack hat/coffee / The Wastelands by Stephen King
- Adam WC AA/coffee // Good to Great .. really good and into it now.
- How do you make employees happy?
- When you get hungry, what’s your go-to snack? ~ Raquel Landefeld
Segment: Vague Rant Up
- Kyle: 4 of 7 chics getting named. “Chloe”, “Coco” “cheek-cheek” “Reggie White”
- Adam: Wife’s 2nd test came back less than 24hrs and negative. 🙂 // Painting crew in the house.. Super slow!
- Scott: Kids. Managing life. Arizona is still there!
- Scott’s plugin “Leave it at the Door for WooCommerce “
- Adam: WC Birmingham Hoodie, TextExpander T // Water // Good To Great
- Kyle: Siteground socks, Happy Camper Media Temple t-shirt / Lemon tinted home brewed IPA / The Wastelands by Stephen King
- Scott: Loop conf / Water / not reading.
- What suggestions do you have for balancing WordCamp attendance and/or organizing so that day to day client/biz life is maintained as an entrepreneur or employee? ~ Jen
- How many screen displays do you run? ~ Raquel Landefeld
Segment: “Bomb dot coms”
- SneakySelfie.com (already taken!)
If you are interested in any of those domains, why not use HOVER.com to register them!
- Kyle: Chicken Coop
- Adam: school starting for boys, finally!. Taking courses: Keyboard Maestro New site/podcast coming together!! // henry rollins podcast… kcrw.. ( CA )
- How’s business at Sandhills w/Covid19
- Adam: WC Dayton / Vodka-Cranberry / Good to Great
- Kyle: WC Ann Arbor 2017 hoodie, Pantheon hat, Flight of the Conchords t-shirt, Mongo DB socks / Jose Cuervo / The Wastelands
- How do I find good contractors to work with? ~ Heather
- Just wanted to ask if you would be interested in getting external help with graphic design? We do all design work like banners, advertisements, photo edits, logos, flyers, etc. for a fixed monthly fee. We don’t charge for each task. What kind of work do you need on a regular basis? Let me know and I’ll share my portfolio with you. ~ Stephen M.
- Kyle: My toe hurts a lot.
- Adam: Ellen feeling much better. Same w/Avalon.
- WordPress 5.4
- Jeff Chandler launched WPMainline
- Adam: JetPack/coffee in Maui Mug / Stack of magazines for the project
- Kyle: Sandhills Development jacket, Nexcess hat, Host Duplex t-shirt/coffee / The Wastelands
- Did you ever get burnt out on the WP community and what did you do. Or, if you felt close to burning out… -Stephen
- What is the proper way to load your toilet paper roll into the receptacle? -Raquel Landefeld
Segment: Tagline, You're it