- Kyle: Screw in the tire.
- Adam: Work. College Tuition. Beers.
- Katie Richards is the community manager at Pantheon
- Dwayne McDaniel has started his own business
- Zack Skaggs has moved to ProctorU to be the Product Owner
- Afyia Smith is now an experience designer at EA
- Kyle is now the Director of Operations at Sandhills Development
- Adam: Gravity Forms t-shirt / Coffee / Bitcoin Billionaires by Ben Mezrich
- Kyle: A2 Hosting / Dunkin Donuts Coffee / Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- I see the WordPress ecosystem changing quite a bit in the coming years with a lot more headless. Could be a fun topic. -Jeff Matson
- What people outside of the WordPress world do you wish were involved in it? I hear Jony Ive is available. – Alex G
Segment: Vague Rant Up
- Adam: Convenience fees to pay online
- Kyle: Shopping experience in brick and mortar stores.
This weeks podcast is sponsored by
- Kyle: Transportation woes.
- Adam: Heat Wave w/NO AC downstairs. 🙁
Song: After Party
- Mike Hale – joined impress.org as PM
Song: Market consolidation
- Adam: Get Options Fitness t-shirt / Coffee / Health insurance docs?!
- Kyle: BlogVault WCEU Berlin t-shirt / French Press Coffee / Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- What do we do when a premium theme/plugin shop keeps selling their warez but has checked out? How do you tell clients that things likely will start breaking and get out of this dumpster fire ASAP? – Courtney Robertson
- How do I outsource? – Michelle Ames
Segment: Personal Questions
- Kyle: 10th wedding anniversary coming up. Any ideas?
- Adam: Staffing changes at CWP.
- Joe: Talk about WP Buffs + WPMRR stuff
Supporter Spotlight #1
- Did you know… classicpress.net is still a thing.. active/current info/blog. 😕 → 🙂
- The WordCamp Ann Arbor 2019 schedule is out
Supporter Spotlight #2
- Adam: Gravity Forms t-shirt / Water from WordCamp Miami water bottle / Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain
- Kyle: Freemius t-shirt and WordPress cap / Tart Side of the Moon from Brewery Vivant / Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Joe: EDD t-shirt / Matcha / Radical Candor
Question 1: What about how to come up with a business name? This is on my list for this year. I do WP design/dev, care plans and lead gen/email marketing. Would like something to encapsulate that. Don't think I want WP in the name as I don't want to be tied to that (and that's not all I do)
Supporter Spotlight #3
Question 2: How do you measure your ROI on a podcast? Or at least know doing it is worth your time?
- Serena Dawn
Support spotlight #4
Segment: Unordered Lists
- Adam: Summer in full swing. Summer time blues? New camps to mentor assigned.
- Kyle: Remove trees?
- Adam: WCUS 2016 / Coffee + Water / Every Tool’s a Hammer – Adam Savage
- Kyle: LearnDash t-shirt / Coffee / Knight Errant (A Star Wars Tale)
- Someone who would consider themselves an “advanced user”, not a designer or developer. Where would they fit in if looking for employment in the WordPress community? -John Parkinson
- What feature would be the cornerstone of another CMS if it were to overtake WordPress’ prominence? – Alex Gustofson
Segment: Get Meta
- Topic: Should we do another talk together this year?
- Kyle: Very productive while out of the USA. Drinking more… more affordable. Not in excess.
- Adam: Mini vacation was great at a lake house // looking forward to the next one! // One kid done with HS.. actual graduation is in a few days from when this episode goes live.
- Adam: Woo Ninja /Coffee/couple of books..
- Kyle: WCUS 2018 Nashville t-shirt / Cherry tea / Knight Errant
- Would love to hear your thoughts on Gutenberg, now a few months after launch. -Serena Dawn
- WordPress developer interview questions
- Designated Survivor
Documentaries about Auto / Car Racing
- Gentlemen Driver
- Apex: The Story of the Hypercar
- F1: drive to survive
- Pet Shop Boys
- Depeche Mode
- Midnight Oil
- Billy Idol
- Crowded House
- Bronkski Beat
- Tangerine Dream
- Jilt’s team retreat recap 2019
- Matt Mullenweg on The Big Web Show
- Future of Forestry – Slow Your Breath Down
- CNBC story about the mother of a doctor and the CEOs of Youtube and 23&Me
- Game of Thrones Theme Song by rock guitarists
- Interesting Twitter thread about speaker compensation
- Star Wars ep.9 Teaser
- Strong Songs episode about You Can Call Me Al
- Why just getting traffic isn’t the answer
- Confident Couples Podcast: 3 Rules for Arguments
- S.O.S. by The Glorious Sons on Spotify
- First episode of Factually podcast
- Pacific Daydream by Weezer on Spotify
- Weird Al on Bunny Ears podcast
- Kyle: I did not die on a boat.
- Dustin: “Survived” a tornado, well 12 to be exact. And my MacBook stopped charging
- Dustin: Big W shirt /Water / Make Your Bed
- Kyle: Host Duplex t-shirt, WordPress trucker cap/strawberry and cream tea / Knight Errant (A Star Wars tale)
- ### WC Jackson Q's – What is the biggest question relating to WordPress or the web or your work that you are struggling with right now? “WooCommerce -Kim Smith
- AUTOCOMPLETE A new segment where we find interesting WordPress related Google auto-complete queries and answer them in an audio format) // If you type “WordPress i “ into Google, you will get “WordPress i don’t want a blog“. That’s our question.
- Unordered Lists
- Kyle: Hi. I am in another country right now. It is fun.
- Adam: Graduation in a few weeks. College. Carson: Football? BackupSpeaker.com
- Adam: Code is Poetry shirt/ water / Freed to Lead
- Kyle: WCUS 2018 t-shirt / water / Path of Destruction
- Why should someone get involved in organizing a WordCamp? What are the benefits you've experienced? Serena Dawn
- What is the biggest question relating to WordPress or the web or your work that you are struggling with right now? -Anon
Segment: Deletable history.
- Dustin: Sabbatical / Vacation and work trip over / Time for house projects
- Adam: Daughter, Prom. / BackupSpeaker.com / Adam taking vacation days.
- Matt Launches new blog and podcast! Distributed.blog
- Adam: GiveWP / Water // Mindset by Carol S. Dweck
- Dustin: Old School WOO // Protein Shake / Water // Basements Complete
- Can we talk about LinkedIn for a second? Does anyone still use it? Does everyone just accept connection requests from everyone? -Serena Dawn
- Parenting Mistakes?
Segment: Unordered List
- Kyle: We had some trees cut down this week.
- Adam: Went to WCOC..3 year later. Surprised peeps. Saw Avengers: End Game…no spoilers!
- Adam: WC Raleigh 2019 / coffee / The Making of Amazon Prime
- Kyle: GoWP T-shirt & WCA2 Hoodie /Coffee & Juice / Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (book 7)
- Got any ideas for recurring revenue for WordPress freelancers (design, dev, etc)? – Serena Dawn
- if my self-employed 14-year-old daughter wants to sell recurring deliveries of Butter Beer in a flask, what Dreamweaver module should she use to bridge WooCommerce with Easy Digital Downloads that would work with Gutenberg – Daniel J Lewis
Segment: Unordered Lists
- Kyle: Spoke at career day at a local elementary school.
- Adam: Had a storm? // signing NDA’s IP © stuff / oh.. And more fun…my daughter picked a college! / WC OC?
- PluginVulnerabilities.com is Protesting WordPress.org Support Forum Moderators by Publishing Zero-Day Vulnerabilities
- Adam: WC Raleigh 2019 / coffee / The One Device: The Secret History of the iPhone
- Kyle: WordCamp Jackson 2018 “Democratize Publishing” t-shirt and WordCamp Chicago 2014 speaker hoodie/orange juice / Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (book 7)
- WC Jackson Q: What aspect of WordPress which is really not working for you these days? WP posts to social media (auto or manual) – anonymous item mention: George Carlin “A place for my stuff”
- Hypothetical: would you rather—Be forced to add a slider to the home page or make the logo bigger? – Serena Dawn
- The Personal Question