- Kyle: Hi. I am in another country right now. It is fun.
- Adam: Graduation in a few weeks. College. Carson: Football? BackupSpeaker.com
- Adam: Code is Poetry shirt/ water / Freed to Lead
- Kyle: WCUS 2018 t-shirt / water / Path of Destruction
- Why should someone get involved in organizing a WordCamp? What are the benefits you've experienced? Serena Dawn
- What is the biggest question relating to WordPress or the web or your work that you are struggling with right now? -Anon
Segment: Deletable history.
- Dustin: Sabbatical / Vacation and work trip over / Time for house projects
- Adam: Daughter, Prom. / BackupSpeaker.com / Adam taking vacation days.
- Matt Launches new blog and podcast! Distributed.blog
- Adam: GiveWP / Water // Mindset by Carol S. Dweck
- Dustin: Old School WOO // Protein Shake / Water // Basements Complete
- Can we talk about LinkedIn for a second? Does anyone still use it? Does everyone just accept connection requests from everyone? -Serena Dawn
- Parenting Mistakes?
Segment: Unordered List
- Kyle: We had some trees cut down this week.
- Adam: Went to WCOC..3 year later. Surprised peeps. Saw Avengers: End Game…no spoilers!
- Adam: WC Raleigh 2019 / coffee / The Making of Amazon Prime
- Kyle: GoWP T-shirt & WCA2 Hoodie /Coffee & Juice / Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (book 7)
- Got any ideas for recurring revenue for WordPress freelancers (design, dev, etc)? – Serena Dawn
- if my self-employed 14-year-old daughter wants to sell recurring deliveries of Butter Beer in a flask, what Dreamweaver module should she use to bridge WooCommerce with Easy Digital Downloads that would work with Gutenberg – Daniel J Lewis
Segment: Unordered Lists
- Kyle: Spoke at career day at a local elementary school.
- Adam: Had a storm? // signing NDA’s IP © stuff / oh.. And more fun…my daughter picked a college! / WC OC?
- PluginVulnerabilities.com is Protesting WordPress.org Support Forum Moderators by Publishing Zero-Day Vulnerabilities
- Adam: WC Raleigh 2019 / coffee / The One Device: The Secret History of the iPhone
- Kyle: WordCamp Jackson 2018 “Democratize Publishing” t-shirt and WordCamp Chicago 2014 speaker hoodie/orange juice / Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (book 7)
- WC Jackson Q: What aspect of WordPress which is really not working for you these days? WP posts to social media (auto or manual) – anonymous item mention: George Carlin “A place for my stuff”
- Hypothetical: would you rather—Be forced to add a slider to the home page or make the logo bigger? – Serena Dawn
- The Personal Question
- Kyle: Yay! Taxes were great this year.
- Adam: 2 week hiatus.. Good: WordCamp Raleigh. Bad: Pulled muscle/location! Ugly: Taxes.
A multitude of plugins with issues
- Bethany Heck and Joshua Goldenberg join the A8C design team
- Tom McFarlin joins WebDev Studios
- Carole Olinger takes time away from Plesk (and contributing to WP)
- Rich Tabor joins GoDaddy
- Adam: Beaver Builder Hat. / water / Howard Shultz book
- Kyle: Nexcess Hosting t-shirt and Wired Tree Hosting hat / chocolate milk / Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (book 7)
- Pricing: hourly vs. project. Which is better? When and why? ~ Sally Gradle
- What are some options for me to sell my music? I have a website I have tried both woo commerce and EDD and like them both but I’m also considering getting my music on to Apple or Spotify to reach a broader audience and thought since you are quite the musician yourself, Kyle.. you would be a good person to ask. ~ Allen David
- Tag(line) You’re It
- Kyle: Having trouble with my ice maker and the family room painting project turned into quite the debacle.
- Adam: Just Working. Didn’t go to San Francisco. Bought a 6TB HD to help consolidate all my old drives. Was interviewed on 2 podcasts. March Madness!
- Adam: WCA2 2017 / coffee / Took a break. Still same books as last week!
- Kyle: WordCamp San Diego 2016 t-shirt under Sandhills Development jacket / coffee / nothing, I’m in between books
- Hi guys, As Kyle as indicated, he is happier than ever not having clients and Adam seems to be all in lately, my question is if one were to want to close down their biz and join a company, but has a small team and clients along with re-occurring maintenance contracts, how would you handle that. I don't have a biz partner that I could sell to, so I am unsure how to approach this. -Regor Lledgood
- My kids have expressed some interest in what I do as a WordPress developer and have also said they want to attend a WordCamp. But I wonder, are they serious. How would you gauge true interest to see if it was worth investing the $ on a ticket for them? Would their age come into question for you?
Segments: WordStress & Vague Rant Up
- Kyle: All the snow has melted. Which means now I get to rake all the leaves I couldn’t get in time over the fall. 😒
- Adam: Said no to a potential new client. Good feeling. Prepping for Corned Beef and cabbage!
- Raquel Landefeld now the Event Coordinator for Elegant Themes
- Adam: WC OC 2016 shirt/coffee in WCOC 14 mug / Exit West: A novel & picked up a new book at the library yesterday From the Ground Up: A Journey to Reimagine the Promise of America by Howard Schultz
- Kyle: Restrict Content Pro t-shirt, RBM hoodie/coffee/ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, book 5
- What has been the biggest shift marketing/client request-wise, in making websites since you started? ~ Joe Casabona
- I saw you guys frequently write about remote work, thought Id reach out. I’m founder of…. .
- Kyle: Added hops and oak chips to my fermenting dark sour.
- Adam: Back home after a great few days in Ohio with you! // Have yet to buy a new domain… so close though! // my client won re-election!
- Adam: Get_Options Shirt/caffeine in WC Maui 2015 mug / Exit West: A novel
- Kyle: WordCamp US 2018 t-shirt, WordCamp North Canton 2015 hoodie/orange juice / Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, book 5
- Any topic you think should be covered _more_ at WordCamps? Any topics that are under-served? – Sara Dunn
- What is a topic that is confusing you and has not been explained yet in a way that you understand > Local, staging and pushing live -Anon
Documentaries Lately on Netflix
- Nikoli Telsa
- The American Meme
- What Happened, Miss Simone?
- Inside Einsteins Mind
Podcast : Everything is alive
- Kyle: Shared favorite Dayton memories and facts about Dayton.
- Adam: 5 year anniversary of KSWP was TODAY! Listener feedback for Kyle?
- Spencer Finnell joined Sandhills Development
- Adam: Code is Poetry shirt / something from flask / Driven To distraction Audio Book
- Kyle: Get Options Shirt! / water / Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5)
Question & Segment with Alex Gustofson
• Is it selfish to be self-employed? – Anonymous
• Unordered Lists
Question & Segment with Dustin Hartzler
• Is anyone doing recurring payments (subscriptions/membership/etc like maintenance packages) using WooCommerce with Stripe? What WooCommerce extension are you using for the recurring functionality? -Alastair McDermott
• Deletable history
- Kyle: Had a scary dream. Moving forward with WCA2 and WC Jackson. Accepting Speaker apps for WCA2.
- Adam: Back from WC PHX. Loads of new work coming in. Good, bad? Busy. Managing client expectation. Selling stuff. Chair. Desk. etc.
- WordPress 5.1 released.
- Adam: Woo Ninja shirt, WC Chicago Hoodie, WCUS Beenie / coffee / Dealing with Problem Clients by Nathan Ingram
- Kyle: WordCamp Northeast Ohio baseball t-shirt / Keurig Mocha / Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5)
- I’m thinking about creating my first-ever free WordPress theme and have questions on coding ethics. For example, snippets of code to create a responsive mobile menu are freely available on places like tutorial blogs, Stack Overflow and within free themes, but am I allowed to use those codes as long as I credit the source and make them open-source on a platform like GitHub? Or, should I ask for an explicit permission from authors? If licensing terms are mentioned, of course I’ll follow, but if not mentioned, what’s the best way? Thank you in advance for your advice. -Joey Q
- What's the most rewarding thing about doing a show like yours? ~ Joe Casabona
Segment: Vague Rant Up