- Kyle: Talkity talk talk talk.
- Adam: Chiropractors do work. WC Santa Clarita
- Sara: I haven’t left my house since I got home from California on Tuesday.
- Pagely on Today Show
- Adam: Code is Poetry shirt / caffeine / Coders & Atomic Habits
- Kyle: Build Beyond Boundaries Bluehost t-shirt, Sandhills Development jacket / orange juice / Traction
- Sara: A parka / hot water / Meaningful Work by Shawn Askinosie
- What’s wrong with hourly billing? –Michael Maurer
- How do I generate good leads? – Heather S
Segment – Vague Rant Up
- Kyle: I need Valentine's Day ideas.
- Adam: Strange dream. Nic Cage. 🙂 // Half Marathon? Should I?
- Adam: WC Chicago 2016 / Caffination / Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink
Kyle: WCA2 2014 hat, WCA2 2015 t-shirt, WCA2 2017 hoodie / Orange juice / The Rule of Two
- How do you motivate remote employees? –Serena Dawn
- I provide mostly hourly & monthly maintenance services to clients who find me mostly by referral. I am looking to grow faster then referrals.. And thinking by way of acquisition/buying another business like mine.. what are some options to make that happen? How do I find out and see who wants to sell? How do I value that? -Jeremey C
Segment: Deletable History
- Kyle: Busy with interviewing candidates.
- Adam: 49ers had a great season.
- Cory Miller has partnered with Brian Krogsgard to help run Post Status
- Remkus de Vries has joined Servebolt
- Adam: WP Birmingham Hoodie + Woo Ship it / Water / Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink
- Kyle: Digital Summit Detroit t-shirt, Sandhills Development jacket / Tea / The Rule of Two
- Hello gents! I was wondering what your thoughts were on how best to select presentation proposals for WordCamps in order to promote diversity and inclusion? Is it better to use demographics to ensure diversity? Or use a completely blind selection process? -Guy Cicinelli
- How do you provide good, productive feedback to employees or contractors when they've done something wrong? –Serena Dawn
Segment – Tagline, you’re it.
- Kyle: wrapping up work projects. Basketball pickup.
- Adam: boys back in school. Daughter on her way. Better for me! 🙂
- Jeries Eadah has joined Platform.sh
- Ben Meredith has been promoted to head of support GiveWP
- Adam: host duplex shirt / water / Coders : the making of a new tribe and the remaking of the world
- Kyle: Gravity Forms t-shirt / Tea / The Rule of Two
2019 Predictions: Adam wins!
- Kyle: Heading out to play some music with the band for seniors at a nursing home.
- Adam: Son turned 17. Sis in law visiting. Dog.
- Scott: Life. good. Kids on vacation.
- Adam: ATO 2018 / coffee / Invested: How Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger
- Kyle: WC Miami 2017 t-shirt, SiteGround socks / OJ / Star Wars: The Rule of Two
- Scott: WC 2019 US / Tea + Water / Extreme Ownership
Question 1: What is your advice on how to get some of your first website projects if you’re just getting started building WordPress sites? -Sara Fun
Segment 1: Personal question
Segment 2: Unordered lists
- Kyle: Watched some movies recently.
- Adam: Delvis The Dog on instagram!
- Adam: Pressable + WCCHI / coffee / I will teach you to be rich! -by Ramit Sethi
- Kyle: WCUS 2019 St Louis t-shirt, Real Big Marketing hoodie / Coffee / Star Wars: The Rule of Two
- What decisions now can WP plugin companies make to be relevant 3yrs from now? Your personal opinion and the direction you see being taken at Sandhills. —Justin Ferriman
- What Site Health warnings are present on your highest priority sites right now? —Alex G
- Kyle: Interviewing family for a “Family Podcast”
- Adam: Leading WC Raleigh. // Got Avalon from college, // F3 holiday party, Milk Stout // Meeting DELVIS / // Q for y.. “a/watch?”
- Adam: Pagely / coffee / Invested: How Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger Taught Me to Master My Mind, My Emotions, and My Money (with a Little Help from My Dad)
- Kyle: MongoDB socks, Nexcess hat, WP Engine WCUS 2019 shirt / Coffee / Rick Steve’s Ireland Travel Guide
- Does anyone have a good analogy to explain to non-techy people the difference between hosting and domain registration? I have a long-time client (non-profit run by a committee agghh) whose domain registration just expired and they’re flabbergasted because “We paid your last bill on time. We don’t handle their domain registration because I think that should always be in the client’s name. I still don’t have a good way to explain how that’s different from the hosting/maintenance they pay us for.- Sara Dunn in Slack
- What is the status of ClassicPress and who is using it (and why)? Happy holidays! Hope you are well! -Tara Claeys in Slack
- Kyle: thinking about buying dontbuythatdomainadam.com
- Adam: Thanksgiving break was nice. Didn’t work for most of it. Had episode 300 for KSWP. my college kid comes back for winter break/month soon! 🙂 oh.. As i told u.. Listening to Dustin show.. Had an idea! .domain is avvail. Havent bought it yet! Stay tuned!
Wearing/Drinking / Reading
- Adam: WC Dayton shirt / coffee / Invested: How Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger Taught Me to Master My Mind, My Emotions, and My Money (with a Little Help from My Dad)
- Kyle: WC Columbus 2016 t-shirt / Egg Nogg / Traction
- Hi Adam and Kyle, this is Joey from Singapore. Today, let me ask your honest opinions about Gutenberg block editor. Do you really like it? Among you two, Kyle always sounds more positive towards Gutenberg, but I dont like it at all. When I write posts, I always use Classic Editor by even disabling visual editor, as I hand-code everything using paragraph tags, image tags and fancybox tags and et cetera, which leads to a concern that all these hand-written tags might be stripped out when old posts are converted to Gutenberg, and fancybox might become non-functional. As of writing, Gutenberg plugin gets only 2 out of 5 stars with nearly 3000 reviews while Classic Editor gets 5 out of 5 stars with 700 reviews. I understand that WordPress plans to support Classic Editor for the next few years, but after that, do you think we’ll all be forced to use Gutenberg? Or, it simply means WordPress stops updating Classic Editor plugin, but were still free to use it at our own risk? I’d like to hear your honest opinions, thanks!
- What are a few of your office “must haves”? (might be an interesting discussion since Kyle just took his office overseas for a bit) -Serena Dawn
Segment: Vague Rant
- Kyle: People upset about Yoast?
- Adam: People answering phone calls…
- Kyle: Talked with a life coach yesterday.
- Adam: Kid with not fully dev’d frontal lobe. / Pipedrive / Guitar for bday!
- Adam: WP Engine/coffee/ Valley of genius : the uncensored history of Silicon Valley, as told by the hackers, founders, and freaks who made it boom
- Kyle: Apply Filters t-shirt, WCA2 2017 brown hoodie, Mongo DB socks, GoDaddy hat / coffee in GoT mug / Traction
- How do I transition into full time freelancing? –Michelle Ames
- How many cups of coffee are required per client per day? Alex G
- The Admin Bar
- CodePed RadioShop Talk
New TV Show:
- The Boys – Amazon
- Beach too sandy, water too wet podcast
- Get rich Nick podcast
- Dolly Parton’s America podcast
- With Ether on Youtube and Spotify
- Wyze Plug commercial
- Tiny Desk: Dave Matthews, Steve Martin, Nickel Creek, John Reilly, Taylor Swift
- Dave Chappelle and Aziz Ansari specials on Netflix
- Mipso on Spotify
- Kyle: I’m going to Ireland.
- Adam: I’m going to Ireland too! ?!? Back from WCUS 2019
- Post Status is releasing a resource for everyone who wants to find work in this industry
- Open.film — The documentary
- Mendel Kurland is joining Liquid Web
- Adam Pickering sold Astoundify and has joined Gravity Forms
- Leland Fiegel works for LearnDash now
- Adam: WCUS 2019 / coffee / health insurance paperwork!
- Kyle: WP Engine WCUS 2018 t-shirt, WC Chicago 2016 hoodie / orange juice / Traction
- Is it possible for someone older like myself who has no technical background to learn the necessary new skills and get a remote job in the WordPress space? —Michael Maurer
- Hi Adam and Kyle, this is Joey J from Singapore! I’d like your advice on caching plugins. Firstly, a caching plugin is an absolute must to use? Currently, I use W3 Total Cache (I know Kyle doesn’t like it!), but thinking about removing it to reduce the number of plugins (I don’t use any SEO plugin, either). Do you think it’s a good idea? Or, if you were to choose one caching plugin, which one would you recommend (preferably free, as my website is for a hobby and makes no money)? By the way, I recently attended my first-ever WordCamp in Singapore and enjoyed very much! I’ll try meetups next time. I remember you encouraging me to attend a WordCamp in the previous episode. Thank you for that. : —Joey J
Segment: Personal Question