- Our WCUS coffee gathering. RSVP: getoptions.com/coffee
- Adam: WCUS 2017 / Coffee / W magazine.
- Kyle: WCUS 2018 t-shirt / WCA2 2017 hoodie / orange juice / Traction
Question 1: With holidays around the corner, what are the options for connecting with customers for the black friday/cyber monday crazyness – JoJo Rosenhaus
Question 2: Fork WordPress right now… what do you name it for maximum visibility? -Alex G
Segment: Tag, you’re it.
WP Podcast Coffee at WordCamp US 2019!
- St Louis. Nov 2 @ 7:30am
- Coffee with me, Kyle, Joe, and Christie from WPMRR Podcast.
- RSVP —> https://getoptionspodcast.com/coffee
- Friend of the show and past guest, Tara Clays is leading a Saturday AM run! 6:45am
- RSVP —> https://getoptionspodcast.com/run
- Kyle: Life good.
- Adam: Gotcha! surprised Kyle at WC Jackson.
- Come to our WCUS get-together for coffee.
- Shoutout to the Women in WP podcast.
- Adam: WC Miami / Coffee / Ask by Ryan Levesque
- Kyle: Cloudways t-shirt, Sandhills Development hoodie / cranberry juice / Traction
- When is the right time to fire a client? And how? – Michelle Ames
- Any favorite productivity tools to keep you on track with your to-dos? -Serena Dawn
- Vague Rant Up
- Kyle: Attended Digital Summit Detroit. Saw a weird apple tree.
- Adam: Visited Avalon. Really really good to see her!
- Duda nabs $25M to take on WordPress with a web development platform aimed at agencies
- Acquia gets acquired for $1B
- WordCamp Jackson!!
- Coffee at WCUS
- Adam: GOP / Coffee & Water / Architecture Explained & Python
- Kyle: Jetpack t-shirt (WCUS 2018) / Apple Cider / Traction
- How do you find a mentor? –Michelle Ames
- What do you think about blog posts without published dates? Ok? Annoying? – Sara Dunn
Segment: Unordered List
- Kyle: Hi. I’m Kyle. I work for Sandhills Development and co-host a podcast with Adam Silver. Nice to meet you.
- Adam: Work, work work. Oh.. we had a Hurricane. Kids off school for 2 days.. Overly cautious. // WordPress Essentials Course
- Anders Norén to Design Twenty Twenty Default Theme, Shipping in WordPress 5.3
- WordPress Governance Project Looks for New Leadership
- Mention WCUS – Coffee event? Maybe not until we have actual specifics?
- Adam: WC Kent 2017 shirt /coffee / Company of One
- Kyle: Easy Digital Downloads shirt / coffee / Traction
- For someone starting out in the WordPress space as a small website design and maintenance business, would it be better to focus on the smaller WordPress community, local WordCamps, than going to WordCamp US? -Darrell Jordan
- A local organization that you are presenting for sends you a long non-fillable PDF for your presentation information. Then they ask you to “fill it out and email it back ASAP” What do you do? –Serena Dawn
- Aziz Ansari Netflix special
- Packers defense
- JJJ’s WCEU talk
- John Butler Trio on Spotify
- Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell
- Smarter Every Day video about oscilloscope
- Distributed podcast
- The Memory Palace podcast
- The Product Business podcast (Justin and Justin and Brad)
- Business Wars: Blockbuster vs. Netflix podcast
- Crime Town Season 2 podcast
- Distributed – Matt’s show.
- Getting Paid Podcast – Claire Pells
- Beyond the Curve – Netflix
- American Factory – Netflix
- Other Shows
- The Boys – Amazon Prime
- The Dodo – Youtube/Facebook videos
- Dustin: Sabbatical is over, school is in session, the dad shuttle is in full swing, Automattic’s GM in is a few days
- Adam: Been awhile.. Kyle off galavanting, painting, kids bday.. New role at sandhills, super busy! // Took kid to college! Boys started HS! // Celebrated 3 years running CWP!
- WP Notify proposal
- David Bisset is starting an email newsletter with tips for event organizers and speakers
- Alex Juchniewicz joins the partnership team at WP&Up
- Kathy Zant is now head of marketing at WordFence
- Automattic acquires Tumblr
- Jeff Chandler has left WP Tavern
- Adam: WC Birminham Y’all / Coffee & Water / GRIT & Never Split the Difference
- Dustin: WCUS Jetpack 2018 / Water Per Usual / Smart Things I learned by doing dumb stuff – Chip Gaines
- If someone works in customer support for a WP oriented agency but aspires to dive in deeper as a developer, what training resources would you suggest? – Courtney Robertson
- Would you ever consider ending your respective podcasts? -Kyle
Segment: Unordered Lists
- Kyle: Getting ready for a family campout.
- Adam: 1st-semester college has been paid for.. // going on vaca again! Different lake but excited. Today… stout festival?
- Tim Nolte is becoming a full-time WordPress Developer with Forum One out of Virginia
- Caldera Forms has been acquired by Saturday Drive
- Dragon Army has acquired two incredible agencies, Sideways8 and Watchword Brand!
- Adam: WCOC 2017 / Coffee / Grit, Angela Duckworth
- Kyle: WC Dayton 2015 t-shirt / Dunkin Donuts Coffee / It Doesn’t Have to Be Crazy at Work
- Where in the WordPress space would I want to monitor and be a part of to see upcoming trends in the WordPress industry? -Darrell Jordan
- What do you think about web sites without a search? – Patte
Segment: Tag(line) You’re It
This week's podcast is sponsored by
- Kyle: Screw in the tire.
- Adam: Work. College Tuition. Beers.
- Katie Richards is the community manager at Pantheon
- Dwayne McDaniel has started his own business
- Zack Skaggs has moved to ProctorU to be the Product Owner
- Afyia Smith is now an experience designer at EA
- Kyle is now the Director of Operations at Sandhills Development
- Adam: Gravity Forms t-shirt / Coffee / Bitcoin Billionaires by Ben Mezrich
- Kyle: A2 Hosting / Dunkin Donuts Coffee / Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- I see the WordPress ecosystem changing quite a bit in the coming years with a lot more headless. Could be a fun topic. -Jeff Matson
- What people outside of the WordPress world do you wish were involved in it? I hear Jony Ive is available. – Alex G
Segment: Vague Rant Up
- Adam: Convenience fees to pay online
- Kyle: Shopping experience in brick and mortar stores.
This weeks podcast is sponsored by
- Kyle: Transportation woes.
- Adam: Heat Wave w/NO AC downstairs. 🙁
Song: After Party
- Mike Hale – joined impress.org as PM
Song: Market consolidation
- Adam: Get Options Fitness t-shirt / Coffee / Health insurance docs?!
- Kyle: BlogVault WCEU Berlin t-shirt / French Press Coffee / Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- What do we do when a premium theme/plugin shop keeps selling their warez but has checked out? How do you tell clients that things likely will start breaking and get out of this dumpster fire ASAP? – Courtney Robertson
- How do I outsource? – Michelle Ames
Segment: Personal Questions
- Kyle: 10th wedding anniversary coming up. Any ideas?
- Adam: Staffing changes at CWP.
- Joe: Talk about WP Buffs + WPMRR stuff
Supporter Spotlight #1
- Did you know… classicpress.net is still a thing.. active/current info/blog. 😕 → 🙂
- The WordCamp Ann Arbor 2019 schedule is out
Supporter Spotlight #2
- Adam: Gravity Forms t-shirt / Water from WordCamp Miami water bottle / Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain
- Kyle: Freemius t-shirt and WordPress cap / Tart Side of the Moon from Brewery Vivant / Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Joe: EDD t-shirt / Matcha / Radical Candor
Question 1: What about how to come up with a business name? This is on my list for this year. I do WP design/dev, care plans and lead gen/email marketing. Would like something to encapsulate that. Don't think I want WP in the name as I don't want to be tied to that (and that's not all I do)
Supporter Spotlight #3
Question 2: How do you measure your ROI on a podcast? Or at least know doing it is worth your time?
- Serena Dawn
Support spotlight #4
Segment: Unordered Lists